Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: IntelliTXT!? WTF?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use to like the way that Hostboard didn't have adverts or pop-ups all over the place!

    But I've just seen the first lot of IntelliTXT!!! putting adverts as hyperlinks for keywords!

    film video mpeg divx email computer apple - you get the jist!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats a problem on your end.

    Spyware is a bitch

    EDIT:

    Or maybe it isn't!! Thats sucks

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 21, 2005 06:05 PM: Message edited by: MatJimMood ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MatJimMood:
    Thats a problem on your end.

    Spyware is a bitch

    EDIT:

    Or maybe it isn't!! Thats sucks

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ July 21, 2005 06:05 PM: Message edited by: MatJimMood ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Spyware! thats the first thing I thought of...

    not too sure when that IntelliTXT thingy is meant to kick in though? it definitely happens on the "Shooting a short... With all of you?" topic.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Don't see it here (corporate LAN, Firefox)

    I do see activity to hostboard.us.intellitxt.com though.

    I think advertising is inevitable really. I'm sure this place doesn't survive on air alone.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see it aswell.. not in this thread, but I do see it in this one

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/410/t/6334

    Anyone else.. or is it spyware?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member richard.fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been getting it for the last 2 or 3 days. I assummed it was spyware, but the fact that you guys all seem to be getting at exactly the same time is a bit weird.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't see any.

    However, years ago when I used Windoze I did see it on here quite a lot.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I doubt that it's spyware as I can see it at work through Explorer and we're behind one mother fucker of a firewall. However at home with my crappy protection I don't see anything. Maybe it's because I use FireFox on my home PC?

    Anyway, I think HostBoard have put this on here for more advertising revenue because when I went to the intelliTXT link through the pop-up I has a big freakin' HostBoard banner on it.


    ----------------------

    Corporate Whores.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see it with Firefox on a PC but never see them at home on my Mac with Safari...

    Hmmmm......Maybe I will write and see if they can turn it off for this board.

    Good Luck

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Done some research.... its some ad cookie which get placed on your computer when coming here, unless you have I.E set to the highest security level (which makes webbrowsing a pain)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •